De Amerikaanse presidentsverkiezingen 2004

Nog tot de presidentsverkiezingen van 2008


Home
About this weblog
Bronnen
Mail mij
Atom
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save Powered by
RSSify at WCC

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

zaterdag, november 08, 2003
Leuke stukjes Democratisch debat deel 2
Sommige kranten en tijdschriften, bijvoorbeeld het conservatieve The New Republic, vonden het recentste debat van de Democratische presidentskandidaten maar niets. Er werden irrelevante vragen gesteld, de kandidaten maakten grapjes (die ongetwijfeld voorbereid waren), kortom: politiek leek opeens wel leuk. Terwijl dat het natuurlijk helemaal niet is. The New Republic moest er niet aan denken dat al die jongeren opeens zouden gaan stemmen. Tenminste, dat las ik tussen de regels door. Ik vond het debat juist één van de leukste, hoewel er natuurlijk geen enkele nieuw standpunt naar voren kwam en er geen lekkere ruzie werd uitgevochten onderling. De boog kan niet altijd gespannen zijn. Hier dus nog wat aardige stukjes uit het debat van vorige week:

QUESTION: My question is for Reverend Sharpton, though I'd love to hear from the other candidates as well.
My question is this. What's the first thing going through your head the morning you wake up in the White House?
Al SHARPTON: Well, I think the first thing going through my head would be to make sure that Bush has all of his stuff out.
(LAUGHTER)
(APPLAUSE)
SHARPTON: And that we changed the locks on the door, so none of his crowd can come back.
(LAUGHTER)



JOHN KERRY (over homoseksuelen in het Amerkaanse leger): Right, that's what I thought you were asking and I wanted to make certain of it.
There is a cemetery, the congressional cemetery in Washington D.C. where there is a tombstone. And the tombstone says, 'My country gave me a medal for killing a man and gave me a dishonorable discharge for loving one.'



AL SHARPTON: I said before, I come out of the King movement, we believed in dreams. Mr. Bush believes in hallucinations.
(LAUGHTER)



QUESTION: You guys seem to get to know each other fairly well. I'd be curious to find out, if you could pick one of your fellow candidates to party with, which you would choose. But keeping in mind, partying isn't just, you know, who do you think can shake their groove thing.
(LAUGHTER)
[…]
(interviewer) COOPER: Senator Lieberman?
JOE LIEBERMAN: I hope my wife understands this. I'd like to party with the young lady who asked that question.
(LAUGHTER)
You're good.
COOPER: Reverend Sharpton?
AL SHARPTON: I hope mine understands it. Probably the best person I've met to campaign, to party with -- Mrs. Kerry. I'm sorry.
(APPLAUSE)
JOHN KERRY: I was going to choose Carol Moseley Braun, but now I'm going to have to choose you so I can keep an eye on my wife.
(LAUGHTER)




© Marc van Gestel 2003 - 2004