De Amerikaanse presidentsverkiezingen 2004

Nog tot de presidentsverkiezingen van 2008


Home
About this weblog
Bronnen
Mail mij
Atom
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save Powered by
RSSify at WCC

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

vrijdag, november 07, 2003
Leuke stukjes Democratisch debat deel 1
De Democraten hebben weer eens de degens gekruist in een debat. Dit maal in Boston, met als gastheren Rock the Vote (de organisatie die wil stimuleren dat jongeren zich registreren als kiezer en ook daadwerkelijk gaan stemmen) en CNN. Het was een wat levendiger debat, mede doordat het gericht was op jongeren. De kandidaten probeerden zich van hun beste kant te laten zien. Een selectie:

John Kerry, in antwoord op een vraag uit het publiek of hij als hij manager van de Boston Red Sox (Kerry komt uit Boston) een niet functionerende pitcher zou wisselen (ingewikkelde manier van een leiderschapsvraag stellen):

KERRY: Wilmington, thank you very much for the question. I thought it was tough running for president of the United States. Now he wants to make me manager of the Red Sox.
Like most of you here, I was throwing things at the television set, screaming at Grady Little, 'Get him out of there. Get him out of there.'
And regrettably he didn't. Now we have another round. But that's our role in life. You have to understand. If you come from Boston, you come from Massachusetts, you love the Red Sox, your role in life is to put up with it.
And I'll tell you what. Every single one of us ought to celebrate the Marlins beating the Yankees.
(APPLAUSE)
And the reason it's extra special is that's the first legitimate victory out of Florida since 2000.
(LAUGHTER)


Howard Dean, waarom hij president wil worden:

DEAN: When I was 20 years old, I was a junior in a college in New Haven, Connecticut. And I was totally turned off politics. I thought that the President of the United States was a crook, which turned out to be right. It was Richard Nixon.
(LAUGHTER)
And I thought that the Vietnam war was a mistake. And I had no idea I was going to end up in public service. I was teaching school in the inner city middle school, which was -- I also learned at that time that teaching was one of the hardest professions in the world, because you're required...
(APPLAUSE)
... because it requires you not only to connect with kids -- I usually had a card game going on in the back of the room, which shows you how effective I was -- you also have to stand for five hours without going to the bathroom, which may be good training for president.
(LAUGHTER)


Zaterdag de tweede helft.




© Marc van Gestel 2003 - 2004