De Amerikaanse presidentsverkiezingen 2004

Nog tot de presidentsverkiezingen van 2008


Home
About this weblog
Bronnen
Mail mij
Atom
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save Powered by
RSSify at WCC

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

maandag, december 01, 2003
Gephardt vol vertrouwen in Iowa
Dick Gephardt gaat winnen in Iowa. Tenminste, daarvan is hij zelf overtuigd:

GEPHARDT: The better way maybe is to say, I'm going to win Iowa. I really have the best organization there. But I've also got the best ideas. The boldest, biggest, but most realistic ideas that are built on my experience. And I think I'm making a connection with the voters out there that I can really do this job well and I can bring these ideas in to being. And that's important to people in the world we're in.
[…]
I'm going to win it. I don't think about other alternatives because I'm convinced I'm going to win there.
[…]
GEPHARDT: I'm proud of the endorsements I've gotten. I've been endorsed by 21 international unions that represent 95,000 workers in Iowa. Now, only about 110,000 people are going to show up for the Iowa caucuses. Getting 30,000 votes is probably a winner.

If I can just produce a third of the union members that have endorsed me, I'm going to win the Iowa caucuses. And then that doesn't take into account their family members, or farmers, or senior citizens who aren't active union members today. So we've got a great operation, and we've got a great chance. People are getting excited about these caucuses.




© Marc van Gestel 2003 - 2004