De Amerikaanse presidentsverkiezingen 2004

Nog tot de presidentsverkiezingen van 2008


Home
About this weblog
Bronnen
Mail mij
Atom
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save Powered by
RSSify at WCC

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

maandag, april 19, 2004
Democraten pakken Bush op persconferentie
Een van de vele persconferenties van president Bush van afgelopen week is het onderwerp van een nieuw spotje van de Democratische partij. In het bijzonder het antwoord van Bush op de vraag wat zijn grootste fout tijdens zijn presidentschap is geweest. Daarop antwoordde Bush namelijk langzaam en meer dan ontwijkend: "Hmm. I wish you had given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. You know I just, uh, I'm sure something will pop into my head here, in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet. . . . You just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be on coming up with one."
Daarop volgt een rijtje suggesties van de Democraten: "Mission accomplished." "We found the weapons of mass destruction." "Bring 'em on." Het spotje besluit met: "Credibility is on the ballot this November." Hard spotje, spottend spotje, dus alleen te zien via het internet.
De Republikeinen reageerden natuurlijk met plezier. Terry Holt, woordvoerder van de Bush-campagne: "The biggest mistake in this election so far is that Kerry's had no serious policy for winning the war on terror. . . . The Democrats simply don't understand the threat we face." De moeizame woorden van president Bush waren natuurlijk "thoughtful responses to questions."




© Marc van Gestel 2003 - 2004